The Ins and Outs of Moving Out in the Vancouver Area
Regular cleaning can be difficult, especially after a long day of moving. If a deposit is on the line, there is no cutting corners. Cleaning simply must be addressed, and if it has been a while, there are probably some key things you should know about. It’s essential to leave the house in its best possible condition, so to help make sure your house is left spotless and you don’t forget anything, we have some easy-to-follow tips for cleaning when moving.
What to Expect
Ensure that all critical tasks are executed in a thorough manner, from inception to completion. It is imperative to pay attention to minutiae, such as conducting a thorough search for any remaining items in drawers or closets. In terms of expectations, take care to meticulously vacuum and mop all flooring, as well as scour surfaces such as countertops and appliances. Do not neglect those areas that are challenging to access. The interior and exterior of windows should be cleaned, and walls, light fixtures, and baseboards should be dusted. Prior to final departure, conduct a thorough assessment for any unpleasant odours and conclude with a final freshening using an air freshener
In some situations, cleaning the outside of the property is also important. Don’t forget about trimming bushes, sweeping sidewalks or driveways, washing windowsills and siding, power washing decks or patios, mowing lawns as needed, and even sprucing up flowerbeds with fresh mulch.
Taking care of these tasks now will make it more likely that your move will be smooth and less costly.
A Good List to Follow
Now that the rooms in your home or apartment are emptied out, it’s time to really freshen up the space. Most landlords or property management companies typically require a “broom-clean” when you move out, but there is often a more thorough checklist that they will provide which covers all aspects of cleaning the home.
The basics of move-out cleaning are as follows:
- Vacuum and sweep the floors: Nothing freshens a room like a vacuumed rug. Cleaning agents such as special shampoo or detergents should also be used sparingly, it doesn’t take much to do the job.
- Wipe down the baseboards: Baseboards are one of the most neglected components in a home, but when everything is moved out, that’s when scuffs, dirt, and even mould show up.
- Scrub the showers, bathtubs, and toilets: The bathroom can be pretty darn dirty. Things like showerheads, shower curtains, and handles can be easily overlooked. Grout is a tough job, requiring extra attention.
- Clean the sinks and countertops: Many people assume that the bathroom toilet is the dirtiest place in their home, they may be right to some degree, but the kitchen sink is home to more bacteria than any other area. Countertops are another detail that deserves focus. Make sure that every counter is scrubbed.
- Clean out cabinets: Most people dedicate their kitchen cleaning to the big three—sink, counters, and floors. Cabinets also require regular attention and maintenance, specifically the doors. These surfaces often become laden with accumulations of cooking grease, food splatters and steam droplets which attract and hold dust. Nobody will notice this more than new occupants and landlords
- Clean all appliances: Make sure that all your appliances are thoroughly cleaned. This includes the refrigerator, dishwasher, oven, stovetop, microwave, range hood, clothes washer and drier, and any other appliances you may have. Wipe down the interior surfaces of your refrigerator and freezer with a mild soap solution or special cleaning product for stainless steel, glass or ceramic.
- Dust: Moving can quickly make you realize that the place you’ve been living in may have become too comfortable and complacent. The air might feel thick and stale, and upon further inspection, a layer of dust could coat all surfaces, from furniture to appliances. Moving clearly shows how beneficial it is to keep up with regular dusting.
The new occupants or landlord knows the value of a fresh start. Making them pay for it can be costly for you. Try Cleaning4U for move-out cleaning services.
Cleaning4U Can Move Quickly
Contact Cleaning4U for a move-out cleaning service in the Vancouver area. At Cleaning4U, we know this may be your biggest cleaning job. Let us face it. We strive hard every day to provide our clients with exceptional service. So, if you’re looking for an experienced team of cleaners who know the job well, Contact Cleaning4U.