6 Cleaning Mistakes to Avoid
There are few things worse than discovering that you’ve wasted time and money doing things the wrong way, especially when it comes to cleaning. Cleaning requires a lot of effort, especially if you find that you have to do something over. If you’re used to cleaning, you probably know some pretty efficient techniques. But for those who have the energy, but don’t have the experience, maybe we can help.
We’ll tell you what mistakes to look out for, that might cost you extra time and money. You’ve mustered up the energy to clean, now make sure you’re getting the most out of it.
Common Mistakes and How to Fix Them
Here are some common mistakes that many people make, that are easy to avoid and are also fixable.
- Too long between cleaning: Here’s a good rule to follow: the faster you clean up a mess, the easier it is, and the less damage will be done to your possessions. Spills and messes left to dry or sink into the surface are going to have a better chance of staining or sticking unless they are removed quickly.
- Trying to save money by diluting cleaners: This will actually cost you more money as you will have to scrub, and it will require more time to clean, ultimately being more expensive. If you use commercial concentrated products, you can efficiently, and more cheaply, determine what concentration works.
- Window screen cleaning: Ever wonder where those splotches on your windows come from? When it rains, it comes from the window screens. So, when you clean your windows, clean the screens too. This will ensure that your windows stay cleaner longer.
- Carpet stain scrubbing: Stains have a way of returning. So, you may find that taking extra care to clean them initially might save you years of recleaning. If you attack the stain initially with aggressive scrubbing, you are actually pushing the stain deeper into your carpet. If you gently blot up the stain with a gentle mixture of water and stain removal product, it is more effective, especially in the long run.
- When it comes to stains, the less you do, the better it is: Using too much cleaning product can do more damage than good. Cleaner residue, if not thoroughly washed away can become a dirt attractor. Read the directions, the manufacturer wants their product to be successful, so they detail its proper usage on the bottle.
- Missing the germy areas: Maybe it is subconscious. How many times have you said: “I’d rather clean the toilet!” If you could see fingerprints like you can see them under a black light, what would they show you? They’d show you what everyone touches most. How would you clean if you could see these touchpoints?
Cleaning4U is a Cleaning Service that Knows How to Avoid Mistakes
Contact Cleaning4U. You can find out all about the pitfalls of doing it yourself. You can also find out more about cleaning with eco-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products. What is the point of making your living area a safe place, if you’re using toxic chemicals to clean? We can also give you info on other measures you can take when cleaning your own home. Of course, the best solution for you may be to bring us in for a first-hand assessment and a good thorough cleaning to get you started.